Decorating your home, whether it is in an active adult community or an assisted living facility can be interesting and fun. You would be having many artifacts and mementos and collectibles that have seen for many years. These things are precious and you just can’t throw them away. Here are a few ideas on how you can keep your precious items while keeping your home pretty and simple.
1. Painting Walls – This is one of the most important factors for your home. The color you pick for your home will either bring it a cheerful appearance or a dullness you will not be able to get rid of. Always consider picking a cheerful color. Warm or neutral colors are quite suitable. If you have paneled walls, add a few light-colored picture frames and a rack to put your knick-knacks and mementos on.
2. Easily Accessible – Whatever you do with your decorating, consider making everything easily accessible. There is no point in having pretty things if you can’t pick them up and touch them. Keep things in places where you can easily reach them without climbing on chairs or ladders. Not only is this a nuisance, but it can also be dangerous.
3. A Special Place for You – Every home should have a special place where you feel the most comfortable. Make this place yours. Make it a place you can read a book and unwind in or where you can do anything to relax.
4. Make a Collage – All those photos and pictures you have collected over the years can be made into one big collage or a scrapbook. It is often quite pretty to have various pictures of people and you in different poses all in one frame. This will not only get rid of some of the clutter, but it is will also be a pretty sight.
5. Comfort above All – Your home should be a comfortable place not only for you but also for others who drop in from time to time to visit. Add in a few cushions and comfortable sofas. Decorate your home with colorful flowers. Make your home airy and bright. These are some of the factors that make your home comfortable.
Decorating your home can be a new and exciting experience at this stage in your life. Always be practical and safe with your decorating and enjoy doing it.