Yes. The Villages Medical Auxiliary (VMA) is located in Cribari Center and has a professional social worker available to assist residents and their families with individual care needs and concerns. There services include:
- Medical Equipment: A variety of medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, commodes, and canes are available to Villagers at no cost.
- Transportation: VMA Volunteers will drive Villagers to and from non-emergency medical or hospital appointments within a 20-mile radius. Rides are also available twice-monthly to supermarkets and pharmacies.
- Flu Vaccine Clinic: VMA sponsors flu vaccinations every year in the fall.
- Clubhouse Meal Delivery: Volunteers deliver lunch and dinner to homebound Villagers on Tuesday – Friday.
- Blood Pressure Clinic: Volunteer medical professionals take blood pressure each Wednesday.
- Educational Programs: The VMA periodically sponsors classes on health-related topics
- Ongoing Support Groups: The VMA has groups on weight management, essential tremor and bereavement.
All Villages residents are members of VMA, which is a non-profit association funded by donations, memorials, tributes and fund-raising projects.